n keeping with my goal of presenting light and easy recipes throughout the holiday season, the following is a lightened-up version of Chicken Parmesan. Of course, we all love the traditional breaded chicken in a chicken parmesan. However, with all the other flavors happening in this dish, the fried version really isn’t necessary. But, of course, if you prefer the breaded/fried version, go right ahead. This is a judgment-free zone. Please note: There are no real measurements in the following recipe. As written, this recipe will yield 2 servings.
AMAZING HAZEL’S CHICKEN PARMESAN
• AMAZING HAZEL’S ZESTY CHILI SAUCE
• Boneless Chicken Breast (one large for 2 servings)
• Canola Oil
• Italian Seasoning
• Red Pepper Flakes
• Shredded Mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend
• Shredded Parmesan
• 2-3 Nests of Pappardelle Pasta
(or any pasta of choice)
• Boil pappardelle pasta (al dente) in salted water. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
• Trim and slice boneless breast lengthwise/horizontally to reduce thickness.
• Place each piece inside a storage bag, then flatten out to an even thickness with the flat side of a meat mallet). (You want these to be thin.)
• In an iron skillet, heat canola oil on medium-high.
• (If you don’t have an iron skillet, simply cook chicken in a non-stick skillet, then transfer to an oven-safe pan for the broiling process.)
• Sear each side of the cutlet(s) for a few minutes. (They will cook very quickly.)
• Season as desired. (I used Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.)
• Top each piece with AMAZING HAZEL’S ZESTY GOURMET CHILI SAUCE , followed by shredded cheese, and then shredded parmesan.
• Place under broiler until it is bubbly and browned.
• Add additional seasoning, and parmesan, if desired.
• Toss prepared pappardelle pasta with additional sauce.
• Serve the finished chicken parmesan atop prepared pappardelle.
Tip: For a low-carb version, substitute the noodles for zoodles, or simply serve with some veggies and/or a salad.